Monday, November 1, 2010

New blog, first post!

So... as the title aptly describes, this is the first post of my new blog.

I've blogged before, having kept a blog for over three years. I also have a longer history with journaling for about ten years. So I think this blog will be a combination of the two where I can continue to share random thoughts and things I find funny like I did on my old blog, but also get into some more personal thoughts and every day happenings like when I kept a daily journal.

I find that the process of writing things down, seeing your thoughts and words in print is pretty therapeutic. Trying to make sense of things and spelling those things out can help you see and understand how you really feel about things, and thus help you work through them. So why don't I just go back to journaling instead of doing something more public like blogging? Well for me, I've learned that blogging publicly also brings about some sense of accountability, not only in keeping up with the blog, but also in being more accountable to what you say you want to do.

I feel like it's a good time to be starting this new blog, as I feel like I'm at a stage of new beginnings. I feel like I've been through several phases in my life over the last couple of years. And while it's definitely hard to appreciate the crap that you go through, I do think it helps you appreciate and approach your future in a different way. I think this approach influenced the title of this blog a bit.

For those who know me, the carolina blue bit is obvious, as I grew up in Chapel Hill and graduated from Carolina. (And yes, we do own the color. It is carolina blue). But I combined that with the dreams part to remind me to look towards the future and all the dreams that I have. I think a carolina blue sky with puffs of clouds lends itself well to dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment