Monday, May 2, 2011

Week off

I took a week off from blog writing and reading, though it seems longer than that. Things with work are the same, meaning I am still looking at other firms via past coworkers who are working there. The process is just much slower than I would like, which is frustrating. I am trying to say one of my favorite and grounding phrases to myself, "that everything is as it should be". Whatever happens, wherever I go, it will all work out.

I did find out on Thursday that I am being put on another project. The data request was submitted to the organization late last week, so I don't expect that to come back until later this week. I don't know yet whether I have to travel or not. If I do, I think it'll be back to Kansas City, Missouri, where I went once or twice back last fall.

This project will be a bit different from the last several projects that I've had in that it is going to be very data intensive. We're talking 10,000 line Excel files again, and creating financial models. Geez, I hope I remember how to do this. It's been a very very long time since I've done a pure analytical type project.

So it looks like this will be my last week of pure yoga pants vacation while still getting paid type living. Sigh. But I do think it'll be good to get back to working again!

No comments:

Post a Comment