Sunday, April 3, 2011

Some of my favorite songs and artists

I don't really watch Grey's Anatomy too much anymore, but I heard that Thursday night was their musical episode. One of the songs featured on the episode was Brandi Carlile's The Story. When someone once tried to describe my musical taste, it was described as "the kind of music they play on Grey's Anatomy". So its funny that this song ended up on the show as Brandi Carlile has long been a favorite of mine.

Not heard of her? Here is her powerful song The Story:



I love these lines from the song as a good way to think about getting older:

"All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who I am

So many stories of where I've been

And how I got to where I am"


Some other favorite artists I'm listening to a lot lately are Josh Ritter, with The Girl in the War below:



And Joshua Radin, whose beautiful yet kind of depressing song 'What if You' I believe was on an old episode of Grey's. Unfortunately no official music video for this song.



Continuing with the sad yet beautiful is James Morrison's The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore:

No comments:

Post a Comment