Friday, September 30, 2011

Job and Seattle update

So I'm at the end of my first two weeks of work. It's going well so far, though I'm at that early stage where I don't really have enough work to do. I'm sure I'll be missing this stage very very soon. Perhaps as soon as next week when I am slated to have 43 hours of billable work across two projects.

The other change for me is that this office, or maybe its a West coast thing, seems to be a lot more flexible in terms of work hours. People come in between 8:30-9:30 and leave between 4:30-5:30. This is crazy to me! But I think people are given the flexibility to work out or do whatever family things they need to do, then they work a bit in the evening.

I fly back to Chicago tonight, though I'll be back here on Monday for another two week stint until the 14th. I will probably try to nail down an apartment here next weekend, the weekend of the 7th. I'm looking to get an apartment within this neighborhood that would be a 20 minute walk to the office. How awesome is it going to be that I can walk to the office?

When I get back here next week I definitely need to make a trip to Trader Joes because the constant eating out is getting to me. I'm also trying to balance wearing more sensible shoes, especially with the hills in the downtown area. It reminds me of the 4 months I lived in San Francisco and how I was in the best shape of my life when I lived there. Perhaps I can get back to that again...

But despite the hills, you just can't take the shoe addict out of me. Thus, I have gotten so many compliments on these pair of really cute heels:


Finally my condo officially went on the market last week and has had 6 showings, with another one scheduled for tomorrow. I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment